Unlike previous administrations, the Department of Justice under President Donald Trump has been very quiet and fairly tight-lipped about what’s really going on in various investigations. About the only person actually doing any talking about what they are up to at DOJ is Attorney General William Barr.
And even he isn’t saying much about what’s really happening as the wheels of justice turn slowly.
“Yeah, there could be,” Barr said while declining to say whether any new charges would be announced prior to Election Day.
That is about as committal as AG Barr is these days.
However, given that Durham’s investigation is about the origins of the Russian investigation and it was revealed that there was a lot of text message-deleting going on at the FBI when they were supposedly investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, something should be forthcoming, right?
“Yeah, there could be.”
Given the statements from Barr and Durham related to the Inspector General’s clearance of the FBI on the matter of surveilling President Trump’s campaign, which seems to be intertwined with the Russia investigation, there probably will be. Eventually.
“The inspector general’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said.
U.S. Attorney John Durham, tasked by Barr in May 2019 with conducting his own investigation of the Russian probe’s origins, also disagreed with Horowitz’s findings.
“Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,” Durham said in a statement.
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) September 10, 2020
Please make sure to share our website and articles with your friends, family, and fellow patriots to help us spread the truth!